YoBE, or Youth of Beth-El, is the official youth group of Temple Beth-El in Northbrook, IL. With a foundation in the values of Reform Judaism, YoBE works strenuously to produce programs for Jewish youth in high school. YoBE activities range from trips to local sites like Millennium Park and The Grove to social action events that help the local needy or provide aid to humanitarian crisis and everything in between, including: religious service, education on current issues and various Judaic topics, lounge nights in our wonderful youth lounge, and fun programs designed by the YoBE board right at Temple Beth-El.
YoBE is an organization defined by the purposes listed in its constitution:
- To provide a vehicle for Jewish youth an opportunity to unite through the participation in various events of enjoyable, and often times, educational and spiritual nature
- To take our place in the Jewish community as well as prepare ourselves for future responsibilities as adult members and leaders of society
- To create meaningful memories that enrich all participants’ Jewish teenage experience, instilling a more complete Jewish identity
- To make the moral and social values of Judaism functional attributes of daily life
- To preserve and advance Jewish ideology philosophy and education within the structure of Reform Judaism.
Click here to browse the YoBE website for event updates, pictures, and more information.
Here are two more links that will interest you:
Check out Jewish Rock Radio a high-caliber, 24-7, internet radio station, today to listen to your favorite Jewish artists or be one yourself. It's the voice of a new generation. Yours.
Are you interested in being a song leader at a Jewish Camp, at TBE, anywhere now or in the future? There is a new camp that specializes in teaching educators and clergy how to build music into their curriculums and those musically inclined how to be effective Jewish songleaders . For more information see Songleader Boot Camp